So, you’ve found an interesting job in the Erzgebirge and have a firm job offer from a German employer?

Here is information on the visas you will need to enter Germany, entry conditions, application forms and contacts in your country of origin:

A note on reuniting families separated by migration

Looking to work in Germany on a long-term basis and now want to bring your family to join you? Find out here about German regulations governing the reuniting of families separated by migration.

Frequently Asked Questions

From which country of origin will you be entering Germany? Do you need a visa?

In principle, EU nationals, as well as nationals from Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, can enter Germany. Freedom of movement rules allow them to work without restriction in Germany.

Nationals from Australia, Israel, Japan, Canada, South Korea, New Zealand and the USA can also enter Germany without a visa. However, they must apply for a residence permit promptly once they have found employment in order to be permitted to work in Germany. Please contact the Foreigners Registration Office (Ausländerbehörde) in your local district or town about this.

All other nationals must obtain a visa from the German embassy in their home country before entering the country.

What type of visa do you need?

There are different types of visa depending on your reason for entering Germany. If you are coming to Germany to work, you must apply for the appropriate work visa. Other types of visa include visas for training, internships or for people seeking employment. Your qualifications may also be important.

Further information

How do you apply for a visa? What is the procedure for obtaining a visa and entering the country? What documentation is required? What fees apply?

An interactive overview shows what you need to do to enter Germany, from obtaining a visa to arrival. The Foreigners Registration Office also provides information about visa fees, processing times and the multilingual application documents required.

More Questions

Got any questions? Please get in touch.

Together we will go over the conditions and possibilities that you can get a visa to enter Germany. We will provide you with information and arrange contact with the right people in the Erzgebirge district.

Your contact

Kristin Kocksch

Telephone: +49 3733 145 109


Foreigners Registration Office (Ausländerbehörde)        

Erzgebirgskreis District Office
Regulatory Affairs Unit
Migration and Registry Office
(Migration und Personenstandswesen)
Paulus-Jenisius-Straße 43
09456 Annaberg-Buchholz

Mr Enrico Müller, Director of Specialist Field
Telephone: +49 3733 831-5200
Email: kreispolizeibehoerde@kreis-erz.de

Employment Agency (Agentur für Arbeit)

Annaberg-Buchholz Employment Agency Employer Service
Ms Cornelia Rosch (Annaberg and Marienberg Employer Service)
Ms Heike Leupolt (Aue-Schwarzenberg and Stollberg Employer Service)

The Federal Employment Agency’s “International Placement Service” may also be useful:

Zentrale Auslands- und Fachvermittlung
(Central Placement Office of the Federal Employment Agency)

International Placement Service (IPS)
Henriette-Heber-Straße 6,
01069 Dresden

Team Leader Andrea Degenkolbe