Residence and Work Permit

Would you like to get an interesting job in the Erzgebirge? The web portal “Make it in Germany” explains what you need to consider if you want to work in Germany.

The Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (Bundesamt für Migration und Flüchtlinge) also offers information about residing in Germany.

Saxony provides information about opportunities for qualified workers new to the region on the website You can also find out whether you need a residence title and, if so, which type.

Those who wish to work in Germany usually need a work permit. You can obtain information about this from the Federal Employment Agency (Bundesagentur für Arbeit).
Working in Germany - Virtual Welcome Center

Further information can be found on the following info sheets from the IQ Network Saxony:


For qualified professionals from the West Balkan states

Since the start of 2016, simplified regulations for obtaining a permit to live and work in Germany have applied to nationals of West Balkan states (Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia).


Got any questions? Please get in touch.

Together we will go over the conditions and possibilities for obtaining a residence title in Germany and working in the Erzgebirge. We will provide you with information and put you in touch with the relevant authorities in the Erzgebirge district.

Your contact

Kristin Kocksch

Telephone: +49 3733 145 109

Your contact to our partners from local authorities and specialist departments in the Erzgebirge district:

Foreigners Registration Office (Ausländerbehörde)

Erzgebirgskreis District Office
Regulatory Affairs Unit
Migration and Registry Office (Migration und Personenstandswesen)
Paulus-Jenisius-Straße 43
09456 Annaberg-Buchholz

Mr Enrico Müller, Director of Specialist Field
Telephone: +49 3733 831-5200

Employment Agency (Agentur für Arbeit)

Annaberg-Buchholz Employment Agency Employer Service


Ms Cornelia Rosch (Annaberg and Marienberg Employer Service)

Ms Heike Leupolt (Aue-Schwarzenberg and Stollberg Employer Service)

The Federal Employment Agency’s “International Placement Service” may also be useful:

Zentrale Auslands- und Fachvermittlung
(Central Placement Office of the Federal Employment Agency)

International Placement Service (IPS)
Henriette-Heber-Straße 6,
01069 Dresden

Team Leader Andrea Degenkolbe
Telephone: +49 351 28851850